Welcome to one of the biggest travel days of the year. The Thanksgiving holiday is expected to create a holiday travel rush on local and state roads, and this traffic map overs a live look at any developing issues.
Starting Friday, the situation along Route 37 becomes more complicated as eastbound delays are predicted as barrier island residents line up at 8 a.m. to head over the bridge. The schedule continues through out the weekend.
In this real-time traffic map from Mapquest, green portions mean traffic is flowing freely, while yellow and red indicate traffic delays.
The map shows where traffic slows on major commuter roads such as Route 9/166, the Garden State Parkway and Route 37, among others.
The state Department of Transportation suspends all its ongoing roads projects for holiday commutes to help expedite traffic.
Zoom in or out if there's a route where you need a close-up.
Today we centered the map at the intersection of Route 37 and Route 166.
The Toms River Patch
See the full guide!
Valentine's Shopping Guide
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Bayville Man Stabbed Saturday in Seaside Heights Has Been Released; Suspect Still At Large
- Manchester Police Arrest Nursing Supervisor From Toms River For Stealing Prescriptions
- Home Demolition Program Begins Saturday in Ortley Beach
- Jersey Shore Summer 2013: Beach Guide
- Firm Chosen to Lead Toms River's Superintendent Search