County Offers Another Round of Flu Shot Clinics
Seven more immunization clinic dates announced for December
If you haven't received your flu shot yet, Ocean County officials want you to know it's not too late.
Seven more flu shot clinics have been added to the county Health Department's schedule for December.
“So far, there has been very little flu activity reported, but it is still early in the flu season," said Freeholder Deputy Director Gerry P. Little, health department liaison in a press release. "As winter approaches and the weather gets colder where there is more indoor activity and exposure to flu viruses, we usually begin to see an increase in reported flu symptoms and flu activity. The OCHD is offering these additional clinics for those who have yet to get their flu shot and would like to be protected this winter.”
Public Health Coordinator Daniel Regenye said the health department will continue to monitor flu activity closely, and will add more immunization clinics if necessary.
Ragenye reminded residents that children between the ages of six months and five years who attend a licensed child care facility or preschool are required to have one dose of influenza vaccine every year between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31. It's also recommended that children under 9 years old receiving their first flu vaccine should receive two doses, one month apart, he said.
The dates, locations, and times of the upcoming clinics are:
- Thursday, Dec. 8: Ocean County Health Department (175 Sunset Ave., Toms River), from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9: Ocean County Health Department (333 Haywood Road, Manahawkin), from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14: Ocean County Library, Jackson Branch (2 Jackson Drive, Jackson), from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 15: Ocean County Library, Berkeley Branch (30 Station Road, Bayville), from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Thursday, Dec. 22: Ocean County Health Department (1771 Madison Ave., Lakewood), from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 27: Ocean County Library, Brick Branch (301 Chambers Bridge Road, Brick), from 3:30 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 29: Ocean County Library, Stafford Branch (129 North Main St., Manahawkin), from 3:30 to 6 p.m.
If you have further questions about getting your flu shot or directions, call the health department at 732-341-9700, ext. 7515.