Invite a friend
NAMI Basics Classes for Parents of Kids with Behavioral Challenges
This series of six free classes is designed specifically for parents/guardians of children and youth under 20 years old who have serious behavioral challenges, including ADHD, Asperger's, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, and conduct disorder. We offer education about the disorders and treatment, opportunities for skills -building in the areas of communication, coping, and problem-solving, as well as empathy and support for the parents. The classes are taught by NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)- trained parents who have kids with mental health challenges, and who know firsthand the issues faced by families dealing with these challenges.
The classes are free, but pre-registration is REQUIRED! Please call the NAMI Voicemail and leave your name and phone # so Linda may contact you and sign you up!! 732-244-4401
More About Ocean County Library
The Ocean County Library serves over 540,000 resident's of Ocean County and has 22 branches.
The Toms River library was established in 1925 and was originally located in a small cottage on the property of the Courthouse. According to the website, currently over 1,900 people visit the library daily. The library is a large library with a variety of products and services. The focus is on children and the family. They host activities and programs. There is also a Dunkin' Donuts connected to the library. The library has a multi-purpose area for concerts, author visits and special events. There are conference and group study rooms, the grand reading room and the silent study tower room.
The Ocean County Library has been recognized as one of the best libraries in the country as it was awarded The John Cotton Dana award for Library Public Relations and the National Medal awarded by the Institute of Museums and Library Sciences.
Other events here
- Japanese Bonsai Trees Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Understanding Weight Loss: Is it for you? Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Personal Poetry for a Sea Glass Soul Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Toms River Talks: A Living Oral History Event Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Chapters of Health: Emergency Preparedness Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Open Mic Night at the Library March 5, 2013 / April 2, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / August 6, 2013 / September 3, 2013 / October 1, 2013 / November 12, 2013 / December 3, 2013 / January 7, 2014 / February 4, 2014 / March 4, 2014 / April 1, 2014, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Women to Women: Breast Health Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Master Gardeners: Saltwater Flooding Fri, Jun 14, 10:00 am–11:00 am