Invite a friend
Ocean County Library FILM Festival - with special guest JIM UHLS, Fight Club screenwriter.
The 5th annual OCL Film Fest showcases creative and technical talent from across Ocean County and beyond. Films will be screened in two age brackets: high school on Fri., April 15 and ages 18+ on Sat., April 16. Screenings begin at 5 pm each night. Films to be screened include documentaries, news features, animation, feature films, and music videos.
At 7pm on Saturday April 16, join us to hear screenwriter Jim Uhls -- author of the screenplay for Fight Club -- in conversation with critic Glenn Kenny.
Jim Uhls is a UCLA film school graduate best known for his adaptation of Fight Club (1999). He also wrote the adapted screenplays for Jumper (2008) and the upcoming Flicker (2011), and founded the Writer’s and Actor’s Lab in Los Angeles.
Glen Kenny, the chief film critic for MSN, is an accomplished observer of the film industry. He is the former editor of the movie magazine Premiere, and contributes to a variety of print and online publications.
Ocean County Library Film Festival is sponsored through a partnership of Ocean County Library, Kiwanis Clubs of Ocean County, and the Ocean County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
|Where||Ocean County Library 101 Washington St, Toms River, NJ 08753|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||5:00 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Phone||732-349-6200 ext. 5202|
More About Ocean County Library
The Ocean County Library serves over 540,000 resident's of Ocean County and has 22 branches.
The Toms River library was established in 1925 and was originally located in a small cottage on the property of the Courthouse. According to the website, currently over 1,900 people visit the library daily. The library is a large library with a variety of products and services. The focus is on children and the family. They host activities and programs. There is also a Dunkin' Donuts connected to the library. The library has a multi-purpose area for concerts, author visits and special events. There are conference and group study rooms, the grand reading room and the silent study tower room.
The Ocean County Library has been recognized as one of the best libraries in the country as it was awarded The John Cotton Dana award for Library Public Relations and the National Medal awarded by the Institute of Museums and Library Sciences.
Other events here
- Japanese Bonsai Trees Today, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Understanding Weight Loss: Is it for you? Tomorrow, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Personal Poetry for a Sea Glass Soul Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Toms River Talks: A Living Oral History Event Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Chapters of Health: Emergency Preparedness Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Open Mic Night at the Library March 5, 2013 / April 2, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / August 6, 2013 / September 3, 2013 / October 1, 2013 / November 12, 2013 / December 3, 2013 / January 7, 2014 / February 4, 2014 / March 4, 2014 / April 1, 2014, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Women to Women: Breast Health Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Master Gardeners: Saltwater Flooding Fri, Jun 14, 10:00 am–11:00 am