If you waited until now to make New Year's Eve plans, don't worry. It's not 2012 yet...there's still time.
Here are some options whether you're looking to ring it in at a bar, a nightclub, on the dance floor, with fireworks or with a big feast.
• The (1250 Hooper Ave, Toms River) is having a NYE pre-fixe menu and happy hour specials from 4p.m. to close. They will have a free shuttle running to Tiffany’s and Jack & Bill’s. Tiffany’s will be having an open bar from 9 p.m. to midnight and a champagne toast.
• New Year’s Eve Dinner at Hemingway’s: Seaside Height’s premiere dining and nightlife destination is having a special dinner before the party begins. For dinner on New Years Eve they are offering a special four course dinner menu (served a la carte at the bar). Two seatings are available with reservations: 6 p.m. or earlier for $44.95 or 8:30 p.m. or later for $59.95. This includes admission to the bar, party favors and a champagne toast. Guests of the later seating may add a 2 hour open bar for an additonal $15 per guest. Reservations for both seatings must call 732-830-1255 ext. 10 for dinner reservations.
• First Night In Ocean County at Seaside Heights is a great way for the entire family to celebrate New Year’s Eve. All attendees are required to purchase bracelets that entitle them to all entertainment, free carousel rides and entries into a drawing for an adult gift basket and a children's gift basket both valued at over $250. The winning passport will be drawn at 5 p.m. and the winner does not have to be present in order to win. After the drawing, the night will come to an end with a spectacular fireworks display at 5 p.m., which can be viewed from everywhere on the Boardwalk. Bracelets can be purchased for $5 at each participating arcade along the Boardwalk and the in the Ocean County Mall.
• Spicy Cantina on the Seaside Heights boardwalk is hosting 2 levels of fun with music by Bullzeye downstairs and an upstairs dance party. There is an open bar from 8 to 11p.m., a buffet, champagne toast and even a breakfast buffet at 4a.m.! They will also have a special dinner menu including a “make your own” nacho & taco station, pasta station, soups, chafing dishes and dessert. Tickets are $30 in advance.
• Beachcomber (also on the Seaside Heights boardwalk) New Year's Eve Party includes live entertainment by Temporary Grace, an open bar from 8 p.m. to midnight, cold and hot buffet, party favors, champagne toast at midnight and breakfast at 4 a.m. Tickets are $35.00 in advance. Visit www.beachcomberbar.com for tickets.
• Sawmill in Seaside Park will have music by DJ Matrix upstairs and music by DJ Durty Kurty downstairs. There will be a four hour open bar from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., hors d' ouevres, champagne toast and party favors. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the bar or at www.sawmillcafe.com
• Martell’s Tiki Bar in Point Pleasant New Year’s Party: A boardwalk party in the Winter? Martell’s is a great spot to escape the cold with their island flare and wild parties. Their NYE party will include music by The Mike Dalton Band (including a full horn section), party favors, free giveaways, and free champagne toast. Hor d’ oeuvres such as clams casino, buffalo wings and Swedish meatballs will be served, along with a pre-selected list of entrees. Tickets are $25 advance, $30 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at www.tikibar.com.
• Jenk’s New Year’s Eve Party: A club known for pulling out all the stops, Jenk’s knows how to throw a good party. Their NYE celebration will have music by The Benjamins and DJ Unique, a buffet-style dinner, champagne toast and open bar from 8 to 10 p.m. The party runs until the morning hours.