The Federal Emergency Management Agency is providing free advice on how to repair or rebuild your Hurricane Sandy-damaged home at several home improvement stores throughout the area.
With an eye on rebuilding to mitigate future disaster damage, FEMA experts will be on hand to offer building techniques that can help protect homes, businesses and other properties.
Among the topics advice is being offered on are:
• Ridding a home of mold and mildew.
• Understanding flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
• Knowing the benefits of flood insurance.
• Elevating or anchoring utilities.
Sepecialists are on hand today, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following locations:
• Atlantic County—Home Depot, 421 Absecon Blvd., Absecon, NJ 08201
• Hudson County—Lowe’s, 400 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne, NJ 07002
• Monmouth County—Lowe’s, 118 Highway 35, Eatontown, NJ 07724
• Monmouth County—Home Depot, 310 Highway 36, West Long Branch, NJ 07764
• Middlesex County—Home Depot, 373 Route 9, Woodbridge, NJ 07095
• Middlesex County—Home Depot, 1090 Route 9, Old Bridge, NJ 08857
• Union County—Home Depot, 399-443 Springfield Ave., Newark, NJ 07103
For additional information on rebuilding stronger, visit fema.gov/SandyNJ and click on “Mitigation Resources.”