- a thunderstorm affected major intersections and shopping plazas after 8 p.m. Friday, resulting in malfunctioning traffic lights and a loss of power elsewhere. Traffic lights at Route 37 and Clifton were among the affected intersections, as police directed vehicles to go east or west to the next functioning traffic light. Route 37 and Vaughn was also affected, as was the Ocean County Mall.
- has been suspended from the league and banned from the complex on Moorage Avenue, after police charged him with assaulting a Toms River coach.
- in the Dupont Avenue area on the Seaside Heights boardwalk began surfacing shortly after 1 a.m. July 5. Police were reportedly using mace to control the crowds. The Toms River and Lavallette police departments also responded.
- T in state court Wednesday to their part in a multi-county Oxycodone drug ring that included distribution in Toms River and Keyport. The state attorney general’s office charged that the two men were the ringleader and lead doctor that stretched to Hudson, Bergen, Monmouth and Ocean counties, supplying the black market with illegal prescription drugs Percocet and Oxycodone.
- a proposal for a 600 square-foot LED billboard at Route 37 eastbound and Main Street came up empty for applicant Jersey Outdoor Media, as the Toms River Zoning Board voted recently to deny the application. to build a 600 square foot billboard which would stand 40 feet over the intersection of Route 37 and Main Street. The initial proposal was denied, and a motion to deny the appeal did not carry.
- he was walking were struck crossing Southampton Road on Sunday afternoon, suffering minor injuries, police said.
- of six occupants and shut down portions of Utah Drive for six hours as a remaining occupant barricaded himself in a rented room for six hours before killing himself, police said.
- Much to the befuddlement of beachgoers who took to the Jersey Shore this Fourth Of July, the gelatinous organisms that made their way to many beaches are a little known creature called salps. could be seen throughout shore beaches.
- A Bayville man is facing several charges in connection with a that left his friend dead, New Jersey State Police said today. Trevor Murphy, 18, has been charged with reckless operation of a vessel and failure to report a fatal boat accident, Sgt. Julian Castellanos said.
SEND PHOTOS: 300-Acre Berkeley Brush Fire
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something