Another afternoon storm heaped more rain atop yesterday's reported eight inches of rainfall, again flooding roadways in Toms River.
Traffic continues to be slow around low-lying areas. Today flooding was reported on Route 37 eastbound, Coolidge Avenue and Fischer Boulevard near Hooper Avenue, among other areas. Route 35 is also experiencing heavy flooding.
Check our interactive traffic map featuring the Garden State Parkway, Route 37, Route 35 and Route 70 before hitting the road.
In this real-time traffic map from Mapquest, green portions mean traffic is flowing freely, while yellow and red indicate traffic delays. Zoom in or out if there's a route where you need a close-up. Note the incident signs on the map and click for more information as reports unfold.
Besides a map-style glimpse, there are also many traffic cameras maintained on state roads such as Route 37. You can view what the traffic cameras show along Route 37, as traffic cameras are continuously streaming from Lakehurst to Seaside Heights. Check here for the Route 37 camera views.
Here are the parkway traffic cameras around Toms River exits:
- MM 082.3 North of Exit 82 - NJ 37 East (Toms River Twp)
- MM 083.8 South of Exit 83 - US 9 North (Toms River Twp)
- MM 084.7 Toms River Toll Plaza (Dover Twp)
- MM 084.9 North of Toms River Toll Plaza (Toms River Twp)
- MM 089.5 South of Exit 88 - NJ 70 East (Lakewood Twp)
- MM 090.0 South of Exit 89 - Lakewood/Airport Rd (Lakewood Twp)