The five men were sworn in to their new jobs Tuesday night, along with a veteran officer who was promoted to detective.
The five new officers are:
- Ryan Parente, a lifelong resident and graduate of High School South and Thomas Edison State College.
- Matthew Crosta, a 2008 graduate of Monsignor Donovan High School graduate and 2012 graduate of Rowan University.
- Anthony Claps, a 2007 graduate of Christian Brothers Academy and 2012 graduate of Monmouth University.
- Austin Pelka, a High School North alum and graduate of Rutgers University.
- Kyle Zangara, a 2007 High School East graduate and Rowan University alum.