Records fell last week when, for the first time ever, fanned out looking for 64 parents who owed their children more than $1.14 million child support.
“We’ve never broken a million before,’’ said Capt. Matthew Armstrong of the sheriff’s warrant unit. The number of arrests was also a record for one of the coordinated statewide raids that takes place twice a year, he explained.
Those arrested typically make partial payments on the amount they owe, some after a stay in the county jail, others after they make payments acceptable to the Probation Department.
Jack F.Colmyer, 38, of Twin Lakes Boulevard., Little Egg Harbor, owed the most, $134,132, followed by Tyrone A. Hester, 40, of Illinois Avenue, Jackson, at $132,038, officers said.
In Toms River Solito B. Reyes, 68, of Craig Road, owed $76,524; Willie D. White, 50, of Vincent Court, owed $56,983 and Joseph Hann, 56, of Cozy Way, $56,966, officers said.
Others Toms River arrests and the amounts owed:
- Caesar Simon, 39, of Second Avenue, $9,271.
- Daniel O’Leary, 49, of Barbuda Street, $22,710.
- Leonard F. Trout, 46, of Vaughn Avenue, $2,109.
- James T. Cole, 26, of Echo Place, $450.
- Marc S. Duchnowski, 40, of Easy Street, $13,656.
- Richard Edelman, 42, of Jamaica Blvd., $18,683.
- John J. Assisi, 49, of St. Thomas Drive, $14,019.
- Michael B. McNicholas, 39, of Dover Road, $6,819.
- Gary S. Fletcher, 52, of Zapata Court, $21,839.
- Theresa Polkowski, 45, of St. Thomas Drive, $2,034.
- Thomas A. Lees, 34, of Jamaica Blvd., $5,760.
- Paul G. Ippolitto, 37, of Alfred Lane, $6,618.
- James McGrath, 37, of Germania Court, $11,291.
- Todd M. Britton, 25, of Massachusetts Avenue, $1,371.
Arrested in Brick were:
- Tracy P. Bigler, 30, of Monterey Drive, $7,805.
- James Jacob, 40, of Driscoll Drive, $8,386.
- Patrick Mays, 45, of Oak Court, $4,150.
- David Hoopengarner, 56, of Mantoloking Road, $22,333.
- Christopher Goncalves, 31, of Kristi Shay Lane, $4,863.
In Barnegat those arrested were:
- Jonathan J. McSweeney, 33, of Barnegat Blvd., $32,826.
- Albert P. DePaolo, 27, of Third Street, $24,082.
- Allen R. Cottrell, 54, of Windward Drive, $17,317.
Also arrested were Manuel Viana, 52, of Marla Drive, Point Pleasant, $15,110; Yahya Bayrasli, 68, of Aster Place, Whiting, $1,950; and Joseph LaCombe, 28, of Halsey Avenue, Bayville, $40,203.
Officers taking part in the sweep were Timothy Duffy, Robert Trainor, Robert Johnson, Christopher Watkins, Juan Mercado, Sabino Metta, Kevin Allmann, Claudette Vazquez, Harry Foltz, Michael Pettrucelli, Philip Sickinger, Robert Stark, John Adams, Kevin Cooney, Michael Groesch, Christopher Gentile, David Dering, John Strodel, Paul DeMarco, Kevin Fennessy, and Jeffrey Schevlin.