Officials said Thursday that they would apply for $190,000 in additional federal funding, beyond the $15 million for which the township applied last month. The newest sources are funding are intended to go toward specific projects, several of which are targeted toward the township's barrier island sections.
The projects include:
- Strategic Recovery Planning Report - $30,000
- Municipal Land Use Law Plan for the barrier issland - $50,000
- Ortley Beach streetscape plan - $50,000
- Development of codes, ordinances, and regulations for the barrier island - $20,000
- Traffic Study for Downtown Toms River Redevelopment area - $40,000
"We are working hard to get our community whole again and planning for future storms and this funding will allow us to do that," Councilwoman Maria Maruca said in a statement.
The township council will consider voting to apply for the grants at its next meeting, scheduled for Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the township municipal complex.