Several local seniors will receive accolades from the Annual New Jersey Senior Citizens Art Contest next week.
The Award Reception for the Annual New Jersey Senior Citizens Art Contest will be held on Friday, October 26 at 10:30 a.m. at Meadow Lakes in East Windsor. Eight Ocean County residents will be honored at the closing award reception.
- Lidia Brodetsky (Toms River) took 1st Place in Oil, and for the second year in a row, she took home Best in Show (Non-Pro) – this year for On the Cusp of Adulthood. In 2011, Brodetsky took Best in Show for Always a Lady. Born in Moscow, Russia, Brodetsky moved to the United States in the 1970s, and began painting in 2003.
- Brad Thomas (Barnegat) took 2nd Place in Watercolor for Big Red Barn.
- Doris Taylor (Toms River) took 3rd Place in Print for Oops! Harriet Wolf (Manchester) took 3rd Place in Drawing for Russian Bathhouse.
- Marlene Krupinski (Whiting) took Honorable Mention in Acrylic for A New Beginning.
- Louis Riccio (Point Pleasant) took 1st Place in Oil for Hobo Joe.
- Barbara de la Cuesta (Beachwood) took 1st Place in Sculpture for Young Girl with Earring.
- Steve Shapiro (Waretown) took 2nd Place in Acrylic for Frenchie and the Goldfish.
These eight local artists previously participated in the 36th Annual Ocean County Senior Citizens Art Exhibit, sponsored by Ocean County College’s Office of Resource Development, Office of College Relations, Senior Art Advisory Committee, and the Arts & Community Center; along with the Ocean County Office of Senior Services, Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders, and the Ocean County Cultural & Heritage Commission.