Shut up and Eat is one of the most fun and exciting places you will ever visit. Shut up and Eat is located next to the United States Post Office off of Main Street on West Water Street. For the past five years, Ann Gauthier has created one of the most unique establishments to stop in for a nothing-short-of-delicious homecooked breakfast or lunch. What makes Shut Up and Eat unlike any other diner or restaurant is that every item is homemade, and served to patron by a staff that wears pajamas to work every single day. Shut Up and Eat has just recently won "Best Breakfast in Ocean County in 2010" as has previously earned several different awards. It's been the subject of numerous articles, and has received praise throughout the community and state.
Some of the fun promotions Ann always has going on are the ability to bring in a plate and receive one free pancake, or bring in a coffee cup and receive a free cup of coffee - everyday. Shut Up and Eat hosts many community events monthly including breakfast and a movie in the month of October.
Wear your pajamas to the restaurant you get an automatic 13 percent off your entire order. Shut Up and Eat is definitely one of the places in Tom's River you will always remember for its fun design, super friendly staff and delicious meals.
- Fax: 732-349-4409
- Hours: Daily, 6:30am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 2005
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Take-out
- Specialties: Breakfast, lunch and brunch
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American
- Signature dishes: Strawberry chocolate chip cream cheese stuffed french toast
- Price level: $
- Features: Breakfast, Brunch, Catering, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual or pajamas